Monday, June 4, 2018

Piano Recital 2018

This year we switched to a new piano teacher, and although we loved our old one, the kids have learned so much more this year.  Our new teacher, Miss Kate, not once, but twice, was able to get Luke and Adrienne to successfully play a duet!  In this recent recital, they played "Hot Popcorn."  The timing was tricky on this one so it seemed to cause a lot of tension between the two.  Someone was always playing too fast, the other, too slow, etc.  BUT, they finally got it together and played quite well in the recital.  I was sweating the whole time and maybe also holding my breath.

It's really amazing how well each of them can play when they practice.  And I have to admit, sometimes we all forget about practicing piano all together - but the kids are inspired and next year, I think we'll see a whole lot more practice time.  Sometimes I even muse about reteaching myself so that they can play duets with me!  If only one could somehow discover how to add more hours in a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment