Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Eleven

We celebrated Luke's 11th birthday by taking him and 3 friends to Dave and Busters to play arcade games.  It was an interesting experience for me, a fabulous experience for Luke.  Four, eleven year old boys rocking out to rap music (clean versions, of course) in my car was enough of a party for me but that was just on the way to D & Bs.  We got there, I loaded their cards up and off they went. I opted to sit in the restaurant and people watch.  About an hour and half later they came back with their winnings and were rabid with hunger.  We ate and headed home.  On our way back, I heard lots of whooping cushions, pre-teen humor, and even some singing.  A success on all fronts.

Luke was generously gifted  money, gift cards, and other gifts.  He bought an ipad on which he could finally play fortnight without begging for my phone.  Just one more birthday left without a "teen" in it  - eek!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment