Monday, February 16, 2009

Sweet!


If anyone has ever doubted that Luke is, in fact, my child, rest assured that I have found the gene he inherited to prove it. This little one has received my sweet tooth! Cookies (cooks), candy, ice cream, you name it and he likes it. Luke has some sort of special super hero power to find sugar - it is unreal. Last week he managed to swipe the last Fannie May chocolate buttercream off the counter (by moving and climbing on a stool). Today, he convinced me to let him stand on the counter (with me spotting of course) where he proceeded to open the cabinets and sniff out the peppermint patties. The bag of peppermint patties was somewhat hidden in the cabinet (I have to protect my sweets from Matt) and he literally rummaged through the cabinet and specifically chose the bag of candy. And picture this, Luke standing on the floor on tiptoes, reaching up to the counter and blindly searching for the bag of cookies.

To be honest, this sugar addiction has been passed down through many generations on the Humphrey branch of the family tree ( my mother's side)...it really is no surprise but this phenomenon proves that the "Mini-Matt" got some of me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment