Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Battle of the Black Pants

The amount of laundry I do in any given week is completely determined by the number of times Luke insists on wearing black pants.  And since that tends to be every single day and he does not own seven pairs of black pants...you do the math.  For whatever reason, he is focused on color more so than just the style.  Most kids love sweatpants of any kind, Luke likes only black sweatpants.  Don't even suggest grey, they are completely and utterly unacceptable.  If fact, he "hates grey!"  Royal blue?  They are not worthy.  Navy blue?  Maybe, but only if there are no clean black pants because the laundry slave is clearly not doing her job.   You would not believe the number of times my little black pants dictator orders his laundry to be done.

I know you are thinking 1 of 2 things right now:

why doesn't she just make him wear other pants?  easier said that done, my friend, easier said than done.  I'll leave it at that.

Or maybe you are thinking, get smart and buy seven pairs of black pants!  Now see, this is where I think the universe is against me.  Or against black pants at least.  I've given a herculean effort towards buying black pants!  They either don't fit or they are the wrong material.  face plant.

I've currently got the favorite pair of black pants with the family seamstress to see if she can work her magic patching up a gigantic hole in the knee.  I need these pants fixed for my sanity.  stat!

My only hope is that I find an article from a medical journal that links black pant wearing with genius level IQ.  Then he can wear them whenever, wherever and however he'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment