Saturday, June 13, 2009

Swim Baby, Swim!




7:45 AM on a Saturday morning used to seem ungodly early to me but not anymore. Lukey baby hits to the pool at that time now! Today was Luke's second swimming class but the first one that he attended with Matt and I. Matt got in the pool with him and I was the cheerleader on the side of the pool.
Luke LOVES swimming.

He had the biggest smile on his face the whole time, well, except for when he was skimming sips of pool water. ick. He totally looked like this was his 40th swim class and Matt had a hard time keeping up. He clearly thinks he belongs in the "sharks" instead of the "guppies." Luke seriously wanted Matt to let go of him so he could swim by himself. His favorite part of the class was when he got to stand on the side of the pool and the parents in the pool say the Humpty Dumpty rhyme. The kiddies jump in the pool when Humpty Dumpty "had a great fall."

I should also mention that Luke is signed up for swim classes at a different place on Thursday nights. I'll be the one in the pool with him this time. Here's the thing though, I definitely can't wear a bikini to a "Mom and Me" class and certainly not the one I just wore on our booze bash beach trip so I had to get a real, as in one-piece, bathing suit today. I found a great one on clearance at Target for $8! Now it's not totally momwear as it's one of those "stylish" one pieces :)

Oh I have one more thing to report on tonight. I made a HUGE accomplishment today, HUGE. I FINISHED OUR WEDDING SCRAPBOOK! Yes, I know it took me 4 years but who cares, it's done!




No comments:

Post a Comment