Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Bluesy Voice


If ever I thought one of my kids might magically turn out to be a blues singer or the next Janis Joplin, it would definitely be Coco.  Because I'm with her all of the time, her unique little voice doesn't necessarily standout to me.  But the number of comments I've received about it lately would indicate that every single person who does not live with her notices her raspy voice right away.  I've heard so many people say that they "just love" her voice.  I've had people tell me that I need to make sure I have her voice on video.  Others have said that they notice her voice so much because it doesn't match her sweet look. And fortunately, for one of my acquaintances, I have a sense of humor.  He remarked to me that Coco "ought to lay off her pack a day habit."

The deep raspy voice just makes me giggle sometimes.  Especially when she's being especially dramatic and it drops even lower or gets even raspier.  And this child is a talker.  I have no idea where she gets it from, wink, wink. So now, thanks to my friend, I follow her with my iphone video camera on like my life depends on it.   I will always be able to pick that voice out of a crowd and I hope it doesn't change as she gets older. It is so uniquely, her.

No comments:

Post a Comment