Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dewey Beach 2015




 
I'm always wanting to improve myself, you know?  And making us better "beach people" seems like a good place to start my improvement plan.  Well, I'm happy to report that we have once again continued on our year-over-year progress path.  Sure, there are still some areas of improvement like, mainly, Coco's sleep, Coco's ability to detach herself from my person, Coco's ability to behave in a restaurant, etc.  As you can see, we have one specific area to target for next year.  
 
So let's visit the areas that seem to be well on their way to perfection:
 
  • sitting on the beach for hours on end - we are just really, really impressive in this area.
  • We have absolutely mastered sending Luke and Ade to flag down the Planet Ice truck on the beach and retrieve treats for the adults.
  • Overall beach setup: chairs, umbrellas, snacks, coolers - set in a very strategic alignment
  • Wave jumping  - ok, maybe not me, but others (I did get in a few times), Luke =MVP
  • Exploring new Dewey Beach offerings - this year's highlights were:
    •    Dewey Beach Beer Company
    •    Jungle Jim's water park (so much fun!)
    •    Que Pasa mexican restaurant
  • Visiting our annual mainstays:
    •     The Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk
    •     The little breakfast place about a block away that seems to have no name
    •     Outlet shopping
    •     35 trips to Walmart
 We thoroughly enjoyed having the Gordons join us this year! We had lots of great food and conversation.  I think my favorite part about our trips is witnessing the shear, uninhibited joy of the kids on the beach, in the ocean, on the excursions, etc.  This was obviously a very quick recap of a fabulous trip!







 
   






No comments:

Post a Comment