Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Came Early



On a recent adventure to Target, Luke gave me inspiration for this year's Christmas present. As I dragged him kicking and screaming from the pink princess play kitchen on display in toy department, I knew what to get Luke this year. No, I didn't get him a princess kitchen, but I did get him one fit for a prince. The deluxe model I ordered came in just 2 days, just in time for the weekend which meant time for Matt to put it together- you can imagine he was thrilled. And if you think I was going to hide it from Luke until Christmas, you're wrong...there was no way I could contain my own excitement about this thing! Ah, I still remember the play kitchen in my kindergarden classroom with fond memories...

So 4 hours of hard labor later, the kitchen was ready. Now it normally would have taken handy manny, Matt about 2 hours to put it together but because he had a special helper that was stealing screws and our only screw driver, it took a little extra time. Matt and I both agree that we've never seen Luke play with one toy for as long as we've seen Luke entertained by the kitchen. We did have one small issue, our technilogical prodigy was a little miffed that the "buttons" didn't actually make noise, light up, or make something move. He kept telling me that the number pad on the microwave needed batteries. Sigh, this is a wooden kitchen Luke, no batteries, no beeping! Apparently Luke's already a part of the "plugged in" generation.
Needless to say, Luke is really looking forward to Christmas this year. He knows that Ho Ho Ho (what Luke calls Santa) brings toys to children. He doesn't quite get naughty and nice yet but we're still working on that concept. He does know that he's a good boy and he thinks that daddy is a bad boy. I'm laughing to myself as I write this.

Behold the play kitchen:

No comments:

Post a Comment