Thursday, November 5, 2009

H1N1 Hysteria

So, let's talk a little bit about the H1N1 hysteria and the vax shortage. Are you kidding me! What on earth is going on with this?! As the mother of a small child, in fact, as the mother of a small child who has already done is his time in an intensive care unit - I find it a bit ridiculous that there is a shortage of this vaccine. Luckily Luke was able to get his stick of the needle yesterday at his well child visit but had he not, we'd be standing in line this saturday morning for 4+ hours trying to get one. And I should mention that we were lucky Luke could get the vaccine because the day before, our dr.'s office had run out of it and they randomly got a shipment an hour before Luke's appt. Now clearly, Luke was not as excited about this as I was but I wasn't on the receiving end of the needle either.

So I'm going to get on my soapbox for a short minute here, but then I will step off. Please tell me why the Wall Street giants received shipments of H1N1 vaccines for their employees today when the rest of the minions are searching high and low for it. I'd love to know the statistics about how many pregnant women and small children work on Wall Street. Last I read, gazillionaires are not on the high risk list. Now I can see how some of them might think they make the list but hyperventilating at the sight of this year's bonus and the fact that it won't by you a McMansion does not make you asthmatic!! Stepping of my soapbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment